Today was good, in a mentally productive way. Processing all my thoughts and writing down obtainable goals. Hashing out with a friend, what I know to be good and not so good for my mental health.
Some of these things being super simple--
- dig into the word of God
- prayer journaling
- be in the moment as much as I can. when it's not a pleasurable moment, know that it will pass.
- drink water. all the water. I know this is good for my brain and my body and mood in general, but why is it so difficult to regularly do?
- move my body in ways that feels good. yoga feels good to me. lifting weights feels good. walking outside.
- get outside. even if it's just to sit and let the sun beat on my face or to feel the breeze.
- stay off social media.
- privately journal every night
- take 30 minutes of self care every day. read a book. take a shower. light some candles at night and listen to a podcast when everyone is asleep.
- last but not least, eat clean. clean for me is closest to paleo as possible. Low sugar and no dairy. Lots of veggies.
- get back into photography. find my love for shooting again.